Engineering Manager/Project Manager
Our client is seeking a skilled Engineering Manager/Project Manager with an experience preference for airport pavement, intermodal terminals and ports design. The Engineering Manager/Project Manager will realize both technical and administrative duties for ensuring that projects comply with established construction and materials quality standards. Having had project exposure with Department of Defense (DoD), railway companies, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and any overseas entity is a plus. The position is located in the corporate office in the Orlando, FL area. Relocation costs assistance provided. Limited travel may be associated with this position.
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering managers with 10+ years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. Engineering managers can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
• Supervising the work of multiple teams.
• Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
• Researching and developing designs and products.
• Determining the need for training and talent development.
• Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
• Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
Engineering Manager Requirements:
• (Preferred) Master's degree in engineering management, technical management, or business administration.
• Bachelor's degree in the engineering field.
• (PE Preferred but not required) 10+ years' engineering experience.
• Proven supervisory and technical skills.