Category Manager – Center Store
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that best-in-class category management principles and processes are applied to all assigned categories: Develop and executes annual category business plans including category specific roles, strategies, and tactics as well as overall marketing goals and objectives.
· Work closely with operations to ensure effective execution of all programs through frequent store visits, in store training and all communications methods.
· Establishes pricing and margins for assigned categories. Completes competitive price surveys and looks for Price Optimization opportunities.
· Responsible for product assortment, merchandising, planograms, placement, item deletion and store layouts for assigned categories using Scan Data and Space Management principles.
· Coordinates and implements monthly promotions. Clearly communicate these promotions to Vendors, Pricebook and Operations.
· Analyze Monthly Sales data and prepare category analysis.
· Secures and administers rebates and allowances. Reconciles rebates on a quarterly basis.
· Coordinates and tracks testing of new products/equipment. Publishes results and recommendations.
· Analyze customer and market research data and reports of assigned categories.
· Develop incentive programs and contests to drive engagement of customers and store associates.
· Establish, build, and manage critical supplier relationships, including ownership across all negotiation·
· Negotiate product cost with regional vendor partners.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
· Additional projects as required by the Sr. Director of Marketing.
· Minimum five (5) years of experience in retail marketing or operations preferred.
· Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Direct experience in retail based Category Management and the Convenience Retail business will be a clear advantage.
· First-hand experience and understanding of Category Management, as well direct consumer goods retailing experience is a key advantage.
· Ability to travel to store locations as needed (Expected Travel 25-40%)
· A current valid driver's license with a clean abstract is required.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Negotiations skills; demonstrable negotiation skills.
· Insights Orientated; rounded understanding of the dynamics of the shopper and the retailer, underpinned by a deep consumer led mindset.
· Collaborative; able to work across multiple external and internal touch points, an effective team player and contributor.
· Resilience; up for a challenge and able to prioritize workload when under pressure from different stakeholders.
· Attention to detail; strict attention to detail must be applied to all work; ensuring all tasks are accomplished within the timescales specified.
· Ability to communicate, verbal or written in a professional and positive demeanor with associates, vendors, customers, and clients.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, or a related field.
• Or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Compensation includes: Salary, Bonus, 401K, Company Car & Gas Card plus much more